TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONTRIBUTOR TERMS & CONDITIONS
10 Minute Travel is open to everyone for their participation and enjoyment. We welcome your articles, reviews and tips. Please take a minute and read the terms & conditions page. Failure to follow the terms and conditions will usually result in your submission being rejected as inappropriate for publication on 10 Minute Travel. 10 Minute Travel will enforce standards of conduct including but not limited to the following:
1. Users will not SPAM other users or attempt to use the 10 Minute Travel site as a way to sell other users their products, services or advertising.
2. Users will show respect for other users by limiting comments to constructive suggestions. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and will be dealt with swiftly.
3. Users will submit only their own work to the 10 Minute Travel site. 10 Minute Travel will not be responsible for articles, reviews or tips that are not the work of the user. Any copied works will be deleted from the site immediately.
4. Users agree that the 10 Minute Travel site is intended to be a positive community of people who enjoy traveling and want to know more about the world in which they live. Negative or abusive submissions to the site will not be tolerated or allowed.
5. The management of the 10 Minute Travel website shall have the right to refuse to publish any article, review or tip that it deems unsuitable. Our decisions shall be final.
6. All articles, reviews and travel tips will be reviewed by our moderators. 10 Minute Travel reserves the right to edit, add to, or reject any submission to this site as we see fit. All articles, reviews and tips remain the property of the User and will be removed from the site upon written request.
7. On occasion, we may send an email message to the 10 Minute Travel user community about subjects that may interest you. We will keep these email messages to a minimum and you will have the option to "opt out" of future email messages if you wish.
8. All articles, reviews and tips must be travel-related. Submissions received that are not related to travel will not be published. Each article, review or travel tip must provide useful information for the site. Articles that are spammy or are intended to encourage visitors to leave 10 Minute Travel will not be approved for publication. You may provide good content, insert up to 2 links and place a short biographical paragraph at the bottom of the page. Articles about an event in the future (such as the Olympic games) will not be published, as their value expires after the event has occurred.
9. Articles must be about a single tourist attraction, building or object, such as a church, mosque, synagogue or a sculpture, painting, monument, memorial or other notable place or thing. It is important to write about only one thing at a time so the sight can be tagged and located on the Google map. Article submissions that are about multiple places or things will not be published. Also, articles about a city or area of a country will not be published, as they are too general. Please keep articles focused on only one thing at a time. For examples of acceptable articles, please read through some of the existing articles.
10. When submitting an article, review or travel tip to 10 minute Travel, the author may include one or two links back to their site, if desired. A short biography or introduction may also be placed at the bottom of the page.
11. All decisions as to what is acceptable or unacceptable are the exclusive right of the publisher (10 Minute Travel). Failure to follow guidelines may result in article, review or travel tip rejection or username removal from the system.
12. Definitions - The definition of an article, review or travel tip is provided to clarify this policy:
Travel Articles - provide useful and interesting information for travelers who are interested in learning more about a particular place, attraction, thing, artwork, statue, place of worship, building, etc., as stated above. The article must focus on only one thing. The subject of the article must be locatable on a Google map so that visitors to the 10 Minute Travel website will be able to see the article marker on the map and zoom in on it. Look at existing articles for examples of acceptable travel articles.
Reviews - provide a traveler's opinion on their experiences at a particular place (such as a hotel, B&B, restaurant, travel tour, etc.), or with a particular product or item (a camera, piece of luggage, portable computer, etc.) as it pertains to travel in general. All reviews must be overall "positive" in nature. 10 Minute Travel is not interested in publishing negative reviews and will reject any reviews that seem too negative. We are only interested in providing upbeat, positive feedback from reviewers. There are other websites (out there on the internet) where users can provide a review of their bad experiences if they wish. Please don't do it here.
Travel Tips - are collected to provide our users with useful information about traveling and to tell them how to avoid making mistakes others have made in the past. We want to assist our users in getting the most for their time and money when they travel the world. As such, travel tips should be very general in nature. They should be universal so as many people as possible can benefit from them. Travel tips that pertain only to a certain city or area of a country are too narrow in scope and must be broadened to be considered for publication. Travel tips should be about efficient ways to pack a suitcase, safe ways to exchange money, how to wash and dry clothes in your hotel room, how much to tip in certain countries (one of the few travel tips that can been focused on a single country) and anything else that is a help to the traveler when they travel to different countries. If you are writing about how to travel on Paris subways, for example, you should write a travel article about the Paris subway system and how to successfully get around on it. There are no information fields on the travel tip submission form for cities, states or countries. Please stick to world-wide travel tips as much as possible.
If you are in doubt, please ask! We will advise you.
13. You must read and agree to the terms above to submit a travel article, review, or travel tip to 10 Minute Travel.
14. Articles, reviews and travel tips not approved will be removed from the system in approximately 30 days. You are free to edit your submissions by going to your "My Travel Dashboard" page. Please go to the contact page and send an email message indicating that you have edited your article, review or travel tip. We will review it again and reply as to why it is being accepted or rejected.
Our goal is to provide you, the User, a way to contribute your travel experiences. You can also benefit from the experiences of others and prepare yourself for the next great trip of a lifetime! There are many ways to use 10 Minute Travel. It's up to you. Welcome!
Privacy on the internet is a concern for all of us. We need to know that our personal information is safe and secure. This page is all about keeping your information secure. We respect the privacy of others and pledge to keep your information safe. We will not "SPAM" you or share or release any information about you without your consent.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes only the consumer's domain name, but not the e-mail address (where possible).
We collect aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit.
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded and used to improve the content of our web site.
We do not share, rent or sell our membership or subscriber lists to any other organization for any reason.
Third Party Cookies
In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
This is our pledge to you: We'll do all we can to earn and keep your trust.